When it comes to purchasing a DSLR Camera, there are many important characteristics to look out for. Aspects such as sensor size and megapixel resolution all play a different role in providing users with high-quality photos. Of course, you can also use the camera’s brand and its list of features in order to decide whether a certain model is right for you. Consumers may also choose to look into a DSLR Camera’s price in India to decide what model is right for them. We’ve taken all of these into consideration with our list for the top 10 DSLR camera in India on the market today.
- 1. Canon 850D | 24.1 MP | INR 86,995
- 2. Nikon D7500 | 20.9 MP | INR 94,950
- 3. Canon 6D Mark II | 26.2 MP | INR 192,995
- 4. Nikon D5600 | 24.2 MP | INR 66,750
- 5. Canon EOS-1DX Mark III | 20.1 MP | INR 609,495
- 6. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | 30.4 MP | INR 313,995
- 7. Nikon D3500 | 24.2 MP | INR 49,950
- 8. Canon EOS 90D | 32.5 MP | INR 103,495
- 9. Canon EOS 1500D | 24.1 MP | INR 39,995
- 10. Nikon D850 | 45.7 MP | INR 271,950
- FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions:
Top 10 DSLR Camera in India
1. Canon 850D | 24.1 MP | INR 86,995
Overview: First on our list is the Canon 850D, an entry-level option that’s perfect for anyone looking to start off in photography. This camera comes with a precision autofocus system that allows it to work in multiple light conditions. Other features of the camera include a continuous shooting rate of up to 7 fps and an LCD touchscreen that can be configured in a number of angles and positions. Beginners in photography will also enjoy the built-in Wi-Fi features and Bluetooth connectivity which allows users to share their images immediately on social media. The Canon 850D’s price in India typically goes for INR 86,995.
- 45-point Wide Autofocus System with multiple Area Selection Modes
- Built-in Wi-Fi capabilities
- Adjustable Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen
- 24.1 Megapixel Sensor, delivering high-resolution imagery
- Easily usable menu and built-in features
- Reliable Build Quality
- 4K Video capabilities
- No USB Battery charging
- Colour accuracy for HD Video is lacking
- AF points too clustered at center
2. Nikon D7500 | 20.9 MP | INR 94,950
Overview: This camera is a great combination, mixing features that are prevalent in professional cameras along with the simplicity of entry-level cameras. In terms of cutting-edge features, it has a continuous shutter speed of 8fps which is capable of high-speed shots. It also has an ISO rating of 51,200 out of the box, putting it at the higher-end of the mark for cameras. It’s also one of the cameras which features 4K UHD video capabilities. Although it’s perfect for those looking to step-up their photography game, it lacks the manual customization that’s meant for professional users. The Nikon D7500’s price in India typically goes for INR 94,950.
- 51-point phase-detection Autofocus System
- ISO Range from 50 to 1,640,000 with the proper lens
- Burst rate of up to 8fps; Shutter Speed of 1/8000 of a second
- 20.9 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Respectable ISO Range
- 4k Video Capabilities
- One SD Card
- No available battery grip
3. Canon 6D Mark II | 26.2 MP | INR 192,995
Overview: The Canon 6D Mark II is the first of our picks for the professional photographers wanting a reliable backup camera. Building on the foundation created by its predecessor, it offers better autofocus, video resolution, battery life, and a longer battery life. The 6D Mark II makes use of a 26.2 Megapixel sensor that make capturing high-resolution images a breeze for professionals and beginners alike. It’s ISO range goes from 100 to 40,000 which makes it a fine choice for all-around photography. It’s 45-point autofocus system works in tandem with its low luminescence features to allow photographers to capture the moment in any situation. For usability, it offers built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities. The Canon 6D Mark II’s price in India goes for around INR 192,995.
- ISO Range of 100 – 40,000
- 26.2 MP Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Shooting Speed of up to 6.5 fps (Lower is better)
- Resistance to water damage and dust
- Built-in connectivity options (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS)
- Canon’s Vari-angle LCD Touch Screen
- No Built-in flash features
- No USB 3.0 Connectivity, uses USB 2.0
- Video resolution is at 1080p, 4K only for Time-lapses
4. Nikon D5600 | 24.2 MP | INR 66,750
Overview: Released in 2017, the Nikon D5600 offers a solid platform for beginners to work with in improving their photography skills. Nikon camera prices in India tend to be more forgiving when compared to Canon’s models, so this is highly suggested for those starting out. It boasts a CMOS APS-C sensor rated at 24.2 megapixels, as well as n ISO range of 100-25,600 which casual users will find astonishing for the price. The 39-point autofocus system is available both in viewfinder and Live View mode, with users being able to focus on a subject by using the touchscreen. Although the D5600 does not record 4K Videos, it is capable of 1080p videos running at 60fps. It does offer Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, making image sharing a simpler affair. The price of the Nikon D5600 typically goes for INR 66,750.
- ISO Range of 100 – 25,600
- 24.2 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor
- 39-Point AF System
- Relatively small size (3.9 in. X 4.9 in.)
- High-resolution imagery through 24.2MP Sensor.
- 3.2-inch Touch Screen with Live View mode
- Connectivity Options (Bluetooth & Wi-Fi)
- Lack of controls for AF
- Live View AF is not as quick to respond compared to others
- No Aperture Controls while taking videos
5. Canon EOS-1DX Mark III | 20.1 MP | INR 609,495
Overview: One of the latest dslr camera in India released by Canon for their EOS line, the Canon EOS-1DX Mark III offers professionals with a well-rounded package that’s meant for long-term usage. The CMOS Sensor in use here is an updated version of its predecessor’s sensor, sporting Dual Pixel AF and being rated at 20.1 Megapixels. The 1DX-Mark III is capable of 5.5K Video and can be rendered at 24, 30, or 60 FPS. A new addition, it features a new DIGIC X Processors which helps photographer to process their images at 3 times the speed of previous processors. This 4k DSLR camera’s price in India on the more costly side of the spectrum, costing an astonishing INR 609,495.
- 5.5K Video Quality through DIGIC X
- CFexpress Card support
- 20.1 MP CMOS Sensor
- 5.5K Raw Video Quality
- Updated DIGIC X Processor
- Shotting speed of 20 FPS for Live View, 16 FPS for ViewFinder mode
- Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Strict Requirement for Memory Cards, only uses CFexpress cards
- Smaller Sensor compared to other options
- Mirror-based DSLR might give way to Mirrorless cameras in the future
6. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | 30.4 MP | INR 313,995
Overview: The 5D Mark IV is one of the mainstream choices when it comes to DSLR Cameras all around the globe. As one of the top 10 dslr camera in India, it focuses on giving users the best photography experience it can. Canon’s 5D series has always provided amazing performance and the Mark IV doesn’t disappoint. Made for full-on professional work, it makes use of a full-frame CMOS sensor that’s rated for 30.4 Megapixels. It also has an ISO range of 100-32,000, being expandable to 50-102,400, making it easier for photographers to take low-light images. 4K Video capture is available on this camera, although the footage is cropped at a resolution of 4096 x 2160. Full 1920 x 1080 footage is available in full HD, with frame rates of up to 60 FPS. Lastly, it makes use of a CMOS sensor that makes use of a 61-point Autofocus System that helps to refine your shots. This is a great choice for working professionals who need a reliable camera. This 4k dslr camera’s price in India is currently at INR 313,995.
- 4K Video Capture
- 30.4 MP Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- ISO Range of 100 – 32,000
- Excellent Image and RAW Video Quality (4K)
- High ISO range for low-light situations
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Fast response from 61-point Autofocus System
- Color Accuracy is stellar with 150,000-pixel RGB+IR Light Sensor
- The 2 card slots available have different formats (CF and SD cards)
- 4K Video is cropped, doesn’t extend to full screen width
- Video Recording limit only up to 30 minutes.
7. Nikon D3500 | 24.2 MP | INR 49,950
Overview: The Nikon D3500 is one of thebest DSLR camera under 50,000 in India and also one of the best DSLR cameras for beginners in India, providing users with high-value for its price of INR 49,950. This entry-level camera offers high image quality from its 24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensors, updated from the previous D3400. The EXPEED 4 Image Processor makes image processing a relatively fast affair considering the camera. Its 11-point AutoFocus system is becoming more outdated as it struggles to take images in low-light conditions. Coverage is also limited when compared to its competitors as its focus points are found mostly near the center. Its Live View mode is serviceable, but users may find that the AutoFocus is quite sluggish when it comes to video recording. Overall, it’s a good entry point for beginners that shows its users the importance of the higher-end features found on more advanced DLSR models.
- 11-point AutoFocus
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 24.2 MP CMOS Sensor
- 24.2 MP CMOS Sensor offers great image quality
- Low price point gives it tons of value for beginners
- Compact size and lengthy battery life
- AF Coverage is tight, 11-point AF system feels outdated
- No external jacks for audio devices
- Bluetooth capabilities but no Wi-Fi option
- Simple controls but lacks ISO button
- No 4K Video, highest is 1080p
8. Canon EOS 90D | 32.5 MP | INR 103,495
Overview: Another option for those considering themselves as intermediate photographers, the Canon EOS 90D is a marriage of both function and simplicity. It’s a jack-of-all-trades camera, being a capable choice for a multitude of situations. It’s 32.5MP CMOS Sensor is one of the highest resolutions currently available for APS-C cameras in the market. It has an ISO range of up to 25,600 that’s expandable to 51,200. The 90D features 4K video capture that’s not constrained to a small resolution that’s a fraction of the screen. It makes use of the full sensor width, allowing you to make use of your wide lenses to the fullest. The CMOS AF system, originally found in their mirrorless camera series, is used in the 90D’s live view mode. The MSRP of the Canon EOS 90D price in India at INR 103,495.
- 4K Video Capture (Uncropped)
- 45-Point Autofocus System
- 32.5 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor
- A great upgrade from the entry-level Canon 850D
- Control Layout is a twin-dial setup that’s ergonomic
- 4K Video capabilities, up to 30 FPS
- External audio jacks for microphones and audio devices
- Video only available in MP4 format
- Recording limit of 30 minutes
- Single Memory Card Slot
- 120 FPS option only available for 1080p videos
9. Canon EOS 1500D | 24.1 MP | INR 39,995
Overview: The Canon EOS 1500D is one of the contenders we’ve chosen for the best DSLR camera under 50,000 in India. This model has a listed MSRP of INR 39,995. With such a low-price tag, what’s there to expect with the 1500D? For starters, it makes use of a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor that comes integrated with an accurate AF system for both live view mode and video recordings. The DIGIC 4+ Processor helps, to provide the camera with an ISO range of 100-6400 out of the box. The camera, being an entry-level offering, does not have 4K Video capabilities. It also has built-in Wi-Fi which should be a plus for more casual photographers and amateur/semi-professionals and best DSLR cameras for beginners in India.
- 24.1 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- 7.62 cm LCD Screen
- The 9-Point AF System responds quickly
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Decent image quality for the price
- Lack of Touch Display
- No 4K Video capabilities
- Coverage of AF points are a bit limited
10. Nikon D850 | 45.7 MP | INR 271,950
Overview: One of Nikon’s most popular cameras in production today and a contender for the top 10 DSLR cameras in India, the Nikon D850 is the workhorse of professional photographers worldwide. It boasts a CMOS Sensor that’s rated for a whopping 45.7 Megapixels, aided by the EXPEED 5 Image Processor. It’s ISO range goes from 64 to 25,600 which makes it a great choice for fast-paced photography. The AF system present on the D850 is the same on its flagship model, featuring 153 AF points in total and comes with 3D Tracking features. Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth connectivity are all present in the D850, giving some utility for those semi-professionals who enjoy fast image sharing capabilities. The D850 typically goes for around INR 271,950.
- 45.7 MP CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- ISO Range of 64 – 25,600
- Great ISO range and Image Quality
- 4K Video Capability at 30 FPS
- HD Slow Motion Videos at 120 FPS
- The 45.7MP CMOS Sensor is one of the best in its class
- Viewfinder only covers 98% of image area
- No 60 FPS option for 4K Videos
- No In-built flash
- Video recording limit of 30 minutes
FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions:
Which DSLR Camera is best for photography in India?
Considering 4K DSLR camera prices in India, we believe that the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and the Nikon D850 are both solid choices for photography in India. Both of these models offer 4K Video and amazing image quality, although the 5D Mark IV does crop its 4K footage to a smaller resolution.
Which is the future of DSLR Camera?
We find that the Canon EOS-1DX Mark III, being one of the latest models from Canon in their EOS series, is the benchmark for future innovations in DSLR Camera technology. It has 5.5K Video capabilities and an image processor that is blazing fast when compared to other options in the market. Although it comes at a heavy price, it is surely a great choice for photographers who want an updated model.
Which is the NO.1 DSLR Camera?
The Nikon D850 is one of the best in this case, proven by its wide usage in the professional photography industry. It boasts 4K Video capabilities better than that of the EOS 5D Mark IV, with the best DSLR camera’s price in India coming to about INR 271,950. The 45.7MP CMOS Sensor is also an improvement above Canon’s offering, delivering you better pictures and videos overall.
Which DSLR has the best image quality?
The Nikon D850 is the best in image quality, aided by its 45.7MP CMOS Sensor and ISO range of 64 – 25,600.
Which DSLR is best under 50000?
In our opinion, the Canon EOS 1500D is the cheapest option that still offers a good variety of features. Currently, it stands at a price point of around INR 39,995.
Which is the cheapest DSLR?
From our list, the Canon EOS 1500D is the cheapest at INR 39,995.